January 4, 2006
HOVRS Job Posting: Temecula, CA
From: Hands On Video Relay Services, Inc. - Jan 4, 2006
HANDS ON VIDEO RELAY SERVICES, INC.
Position: Call Center Supervisor
Location: Temecula, CA
Brief summary of duties:
Supervises a team of leads and video interpreters (VIs). Responsible for the day to day operations of the call center; ensuring staff adhere to policies and procedures and meet call center operational standards; monitor and improve quality of service; prepare reports, and accomplish center specific goals. Call center supervisors must be familiar with the standard business practices used by sign language interpreters (including the code of ethics), Deaf culture, wage and hour law, FCC regulations and company policies. Performs a variety of tasks; which may include assisting the training, recruiting and/or marketing departments. A degree of creativity and latitude is expected allowing call center supervisors to rely on experience and judgment to motivate staff, to create an environment that embodies HOVRS' core values and leads to the successful implementation of our mission statement.
* Supervise assigned video relay sign language interpreters
* Responsible for effective communication within call center; and to act as a liaison between other centers and corporate staff
* Conducts performance reviews, coaching sessions, and recognition activities for direct reports
* Documents and tracks employees time and attendance; approve schedule changes to meet fluid business needs
* Appropriately addresses human resources issues, such as attendance and interpersonal conflicts
* Sets the example for others to follow (i.e. time and attendance, professional conduct, integrity, etc.)
* Coordinates team efforts to handle call volumes on various platforms
* Ensures calls are answered in a timely manner
* Generate, analyze and communicate center specific reports (VIâ€™s ASA, Center Labor Cost and Minutes)
* Assist CCM with analysis of operations including trends, goals, and standards
* Collect, approve and send general call center forms (eg: schedules, timesheets, FL login sheets, etc) to appropriate corporate office
* Monitor and distribute as assigned all call center specific paperwork/communication from management
* Use problem solving and judgment skills to respond to callers questions/situations
* Assist with training updates when training department distributes changes to the platform or call processes.
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
* 3 years supervisory experience, 5 years preferred with proficiency in leading, coaching and mentoring others
* Have working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, AOL IM service (Mac systems a plus)
* Excellent ASL and written/oral communication skills
* Extensive knowledge of deaf culture and interpreting profession
* Flexible, enthusiastic and a willingness to work with constant change
* Demonstrated team building and people management skills
* Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
* Basic clerical and office organizational skills
* RID CI or CT, CSC, CDI or ACCI Level IV, NAD Level IV preferred
* Bachelors Degree in Business Management preferred.
Starting Salary: Commensurate with Education and Experience.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Our mission is to enhance effective communication. Our dedicated staff is committed to excellence; and strives to delight our customers. Our compensation and comprehensive benefits package are designed to attract individuals with the skills necessary to build a company viewed as a leader in our industry.
Visit us at: www.hovrs.com
Please submit your resume or application to: FAX: (916) 435-5878 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Contact: Richard Hall, National Recruiting Manager (800) 900-9478 ext. 3332